Outlook email is available as a part of Microsoft Office Suite. Outlook is often used for email access but it can also be used as a task manager, calendar, note taking, journals, and web browsing. Outlook is a personal information manager from Microsoft. For easy access user want access to their mails in their laptops. Here we will be discussing the setting up of outlook email in windows 10 but before knowing this user should have bit knowledge of different types of accounts which are important as a part of the setup.
When we think of setup for our outlook email, there is asked for an account type option. What is this account type? How many types of accounts are there? These are the question that will be popping in your head right now. So, coming to account types let me give you a brief and understandable description of different types of accounts:-
- POP: – The POP stands for Post Office Protocol. These types of account are accessible in both mobiles and laptops but these account does not have the feature of automatic mail sync. These accounts does not even sync the calendar associated with the account and the contacts as well. But this has a feature of storing emails locally. In this type of account if the user makes any changes that change could not be made permanently because this type of accounts is not linked to the webmail server.
- IMAP: -The IMAP stands for Internet Message Access Protocol. These accounts can be set up n both laptops and mobiles. These accounts have a feature of email syncing automatically from the server but cannot sync calendar and contacts. If any user makes any kind of change in their emails that would not get lost like in POP because this is linked with the webmail server and whatever changes have been made in the account will be there on the webmail server.
- ACTIVESYNC: -The ACTIVESYNC accounts are the most versatile kind of accounts and are compatible with both mobiles and laptops. These accounts have the feature of syncing emails, calendar and contacts automatically. Whatever changes the user makes in emails, calendar or the contacts, everything will be saved on the webmail server and cannot be lost in any situation.
The above discussed account types are important knowledge for setting up outlook email in Windows 10 and the IMAP account is the most preferred account type among all of the other account types.
For setting up the outlook email in windows 10, the user just has to follow the below mentioned steps:-
1- Launch mail app by pressing the windows key on the keyboard.
2- Select Mail option
3- Click the Settings Icon
4- Click on Accounts options
5- Then click Add Account options
6- Click Advanced setup option
7- Enter username, password, account type, etc details
8- And then click Sign in.
For advanced setup to Outlook Email account for Windows 10
- Open Outlook and select File > Add Account.
- On the next screen, enter your email address, select Advanced options, then check the box for Let me set up my account manually and select Connect.
- Select your account type. Most of the time when you need to use this option, you’ll select IMAP.
- The Account settings screen should be pre-populated with most of the account settings you need. However, if you need to look up your settings, see the POP and IMAP account settings topic.
- Enter your incoming and outgoing server settings and then select Next.
- Enter your password and then select Connect.
|Server: imap-mail.outlook.com||Server: pop-mail-outlook.com||Server: smtp-mail-outlook.com|
|Port: 993||Port: 9935||Port: 587|
|Encryption: SSL/TLS||Encryption: SSL/TLS||Encryption: STARTTLS|
The whole setup process is very simple, This blog will cover everything you need to know How to setup Outlook email on Windows 10 Mail program. Following the given steps and fix the Outlook Email setup related issue; also you can Contact us and get the solution of Outlook Email login problems.